April 6-7, August 17-18 & 24-25, 2024
Spey casting is an art which allows anglers to enhance their fly fishing while achieving the ability to cast in tight quarters, change direction easily, eliminate the need for a back cast, cast larger flies, cast further and add an element of fun and dimension to their existing fly casting skills.
Andrew has been a Spey angler for 20+ years and has taught thousands to spey cast. Nancy has been spey casting for a decade. Together, they are offering a 2 day Spey Academy on the banks of the Beaverkill River in NY State. This 2 day school will take you through the basics of spey casting, how to spey cast/fish and manage a spey rod and line. Whether you'd like to use this method of casting with a single or double handed rod for trout, steelhead, salmon, or saltwater, we will be able to deliver the knowledge needed to obtain your goals.
The course will be taught on the banks of the lower Beaverkill River at Tight Lines North. The property is on excellent trout & smallmouth bass water and has all of the amenities to make this a very comfortable, relaxing and rewarding experience for everyone.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Meet other like-minded anglers.
- Experience camaraderie as we dine with great family-style meals.
- Learn all about different lines, and rods and their applications.
- Learn each Spey cast through demonstration and practice.
- Receive on-the-water individual instruction.
- Practice line management skills.
- Learn how to apply casting to fishing. Choose to take the opportunity to fish the Upper Delaware System in the late afternoon or early evening.
- The opportunity to hone in on your skills and work efficiently to become an even better angler.
- Course starts with a light breakfast at 9:30am and ends at 4:00pm on the second day.
Available 2023 Dates: April 6-7, August 17-18 & August 24-25
Cost Per Person: $600.00 (limited to 4 people)
What's Included: 2 Full days of spey casting instruction, 1 night lodging, two breakfasts, two lunches, one dinner and all beverages. Loaner spey rods/reels/lines for those who don't have them.