Intro to Fly Fishing
Interested in learning about fly fishing? Our intro to Fly Fishing is the class for you!
Fly fishing is a highly rewarding activity for the whole family that gets you outdoors and having a great time! Beginners interested in the sport can sometimes be wary taking that first step because it may seem overwhelming but we are here to make your experience simple, fun and educational.
Classes are held at the store from 8am-10am..
- Why Fly Fishing?
- Fly casting demonstration and instruction
- Tackle overview: rod, reel ,line, leader, tippet
- Knots and tools
- Types of flies
- Terminal tackle and rigging
- What trout feed on
- Fly Fishing methods; dries, nymphs, streamers
- Fish habits & reading water
- Fishing locations and where to cast your fly