- RIO’s iShort heads are powerful, intermediate based Skagit heads (with a short floating back section), designed for shorter Spey rods, Switch rods and single-handed rods. The intermediate front section give anglers deep, slow swings, and cast large flies and the fastest of sinking tips with exceptional ease. For anglers using shorter Spey rods, Switch rods and Single Handed rods, and for tight casting situations, the iShorts are a fantastic choice. All Skagit heads are built on an ultra-low stretch core for the maximum in casting and fishing sensitivity.
- Printed ID system on the front of the head for quick recognition
- For best performance RIO recommends matching the following head and shooting line sizes:
- 200 to 400 gr - 0.024”/0.026” shooting line, or 25lb SlickShooter/GripShooter.
- 400 to 550 gr - 0.030”/0.032” shooting line, or 35lb SlickShooter/GripShooter.
- 550 to 675 gr - 0.035”/0.037” shooting line, or 44lb SlickShooter/GripShooter.